THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN OUR FOSTER PROGRAM. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION REGARDING OUR FOSTER GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR FELINE FOSTERING:
This form and a consultation with Operation Hood representative are designed to help you find the foster cat/kitten most compatible with your lifestyle. Completion of this application does not guarantee approval to foster a cat or kitten. Please complete the following questions completely to the best of your knowledge.
In order to ensure that your foster cats/kittens receive the care they need, we ask that you:
- Have basic knowledge of feline care and behavior.
- Complete a Foster Care Application.
- Have an area where you can keep your foster cats/kittens isolated from your own companion animals.
- Have a flexible schedule to allow time for routine veterinary exams and vaccinations, as well as any emergencies that may occur.
- Be able to commit enough time to socialize your foster(s).
- Be at least 18 years of age or older and have a valid, legal ID.
- Own your own home or have the knowledge and consent of your landlord.
Please understand, we will not place a pet into a home if any of the following apply:
- The foster home currently has an un-neutered or spayed cat.
- The foster cat will be allowed outdoors for any length of time.
Once placed, Operation Hood reserves the right to:
- Check on the cat at any time to ensure its well-being.
- Remove the cat from the home if any conditions of the adoption contract have been violated or, if the environment is unsafe.
At any time you find that you can no longer foster the pet, you must return it to Operation Hood and NOT to any other individual or shelter.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION BELOW AND PRESS THE SUBMIT BUTTON ONCE COMPLETE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE SENT TO AN OPERATION HOOD REPRESENTATIVE. SOMEONE WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH YOU WITHIN 48 HOURS.
Your message has been sent successfully. We will respond within 24 hours.