Become An Operation Hood Volunteer!Thank you for taking the time to submit an application to Volunteer for Operation Hood. We depend solely on volunteer support to continue our efforts with our TNR (Trap, Neuter Return) Program and with our efforts to find forever homes for cats that otherwise would be displaced. Please take a moment and submit your application and a representative with Operation Hood will contact you. Time is a gift and we appreciate your willingness to help us continue to make a difference in the lives of so many innocent cats in our community! Volunteers of any age are welcome, but volunteers under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Please fill out our online volunteer form if you are interested in helping with any of the following:
- Pet care Volunteer – Volunteers care daily for cats who are placed in condos at Petco & Pet Valu. Our Pet Care volunteers play a vital role in the journey to finding our feline friends a forever home. The routine of daily care and time spent socializing with the cats helps with getting to know them better and what their likes and dislikes are which helps with finding a purrfect forever home. If you would like to volunteer, one of our cat care volunteers will walk you through the daily routine! Only available one day a week? No worries all help is welcomed! *Individuals working with cat care must be 18 yrs or older.
- We desperately need Foster Parents! – Foster homes are critical to the mission of Operation Hood. We seek to place cats who are not quickly adopted or who need some extra TLC into loving, responsible foster homes so that they can become ready for adoption. Often, all these cats need is someone to spend a little time with them and to advocate for them at adoption events. Being a foster mom or dad to a litter of kittens or a mama cat with kittens is a wonderful experience, and critical to the little ones’ lives. We also need foster parents to care for our older and special needs cats. Short term fosters are needed as well for cats who have been spayed and or neutered that need a few days of peace and quiet, food, water, and a warm bed to rest to recover. All supplies can be provided to the foster parent to care for the cat(s). If you’re interested, please fill out our online foster application to tell us about yourself and your home.
- TNR (Trap, Neuter Return) Program – Are you interested in learning about trapping and how TNR benefits our community? We will gladly train anyone who is willing to step up and make a difference supporting TNR and see firsthand how it is making a difference in our community!
- Transporters – Transporters are a vital part of our organization and serve in many areas helping cats along their journey to a forever home. Our spay/neutering appointments are local and our dental procedures are done in Richmond. The Richmond transport is usually an all-day transport. We often need assistance with having cats transported to and from local adoption events as well.
- Fundraising is crucial for the foundation. -We need folks to research new ways to raise funds for the organization and take the initiative to make it happen. No amount of money is too small! Volunteers are needed to assist at fundraising events, such as yard sales, car washes, craft shows, bake sales and adoption events throughout the year. Fundraising is another opportunity for those with limited time to help. No role is to small when it comes to giving of your time and all help is greatly appreciated. All ideas are welcome!
- Adoption Event Volunteers – help us place more cats and kittens into permanent homes by assisting with adoption events. Responsibilities include transporting cats to/from adoption events, unloading cats and kittens from carriers into crates, keeping crates neat and clean, talking with prospective adopters, and loading everything up at the end of the day. What better way to give back then to spend a few hours helping a cat find his or her furrever home!
- Grant writers – If you are familiar with grant writing and can help us seek out and capitalize on funding opportunities…WE NEED YOU! With no fundraising staff, we need help securing grants from all sorts of organizations and government agencies. If you can assist (especially if you have grant writing experience), your gift of time could enable us to secure more funds to rescue more cats.
- Help Spread the News! – We need people to distribute flyers regarding upcoming events we will be hosting to area retailers, libraries, local employers, etc. to recruit volunteers. All you need is to pick up the flyers from us and hit the streets.
- Marketing and Social Media Volunteers We are always looking for ways to creatively promote our TNR (Trap, Neuter, Return) Program via social media as well as our available cats for adoption. We strive to educate and promote topics regarding our TNR program and how it benefits our community and the lives of the cats we help!